Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kitchen Products I Love


Vintage Fish Skinner

My Dad always uses one of these to skin fish, so when I got out on my own, I asked him to get me one. He found me this one at a garage sale several years ago. We eat salmon and trout quite often, and I use this fish skinner to easily remove the skin prior to cooking. It's like using a can opener. My kitchen wouldn't be complete without it. You can find them on Ebay searching under Vintage Fish Skinner.




Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker

I started making my own sorbet when Ciao Bella began adding evaporated cane juice to their raspberry sorbet. I initially froze the sorbets mixing them with my hand mixer every hour from the freezer, but the consistency wasn't as smooth as we were used to with store-bought sorbets. So for my birthday this year, my husband got me this Cuisinart ice cream maker. I cannot express how much I love this product. It makes sorbet in 20 minutes and the consistency is fantastic. I use this ice cream maker once a week or so and cannot imagine life without it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment